Thursday, April 8, 2010

Time to smile....and laugh....

I am sitting here realizing that my first few posts were quite serious....then I started trying to see how many quick happy memories I could come up with and how far back and they might not all sound good, but they make me smile when I remember them....lets see now

Going to a girl friends house when i was bout 5 or 6, having my mom not know where i am and sending the cops looking for me....the cop asking me to get in his car and me saying "my mommy told me never to get in a car with a stranger", he promptly shut his door and drove very slowly down the street next to me....when my mom started to get upset I wouldn't get in his car he told her don't ever get mad at her for that....I bet he still tells this story to school kids to get the point across....oh and my brother getting in trouble for not looking for me better...hahahaha



my red white and blue bedroom....mom to a 5 year old...what color do you want us to paint your room....5 year old, I don't know red white and blue.....room red and white wall paper stripes, blue ceiling with glow in the dark starts, and a white bed spread with an American eagle...



going to the school fair, asking if I can go into the fish throw room, and reminding the boys who decided that they were only letting the older kids in who my dad was....the man in charge of the event.....




being pushed out my sisters bedroom window to move the snow away from the front door so my brothers could get out and go to the store.




watching TV on the floor with my brothers....love I dream of Genie, Bewitched and shows like that.




riding in my brothers new car...the TRW.....and he driving FAST




taking a whole bottle of baby asprin so I didn't have to wake my mom...then my mom and brother driving me to the hopsital in my brother TRW....with the roof stuck down in the pouring rain.....



my brother bringing my mom her new puppy....Peggy



moving from MD to CA via car....stopping at family, friends, grand canyon (for 5 minutes before the snow came), and lots of fun



family vacation back to MD via car....



spending a summer with my cousins and my aunt and uncle



a surprise birthday party my mom threw for me....but she wasn't good at surprises...I knew



trying to throw a surprise party for Mrs L....baking and decorating my first real cake for her...and one of kids helping me forgot to invite half the people I told them....and it being just a bunch of us kids and none of her adult friends.....yet she still loved it....(mind you I think i was around 10 or 12)



saving all my green M&M's to give to Mrs L as a joke, opening my drawer to discover my sister ate them all....



may wonderful days, afternoons, evenings and weekends at Mrs L's.



The L family....and their house....



my first kiss....my first boy friend



hangin out with first bf and friends in his room...(yeah making out...but that was it) and in the jacuzzi....



many many times in hs....football games, midnight football, church youth group, bonfires at the beach, band competitions, bus rides, friends, babysitting



the families I babysat for



my first real car



visiting my brothers, after middle school, high school, when my niece was born....and their many visits to california



finding out I was pregnant



holding my daughter for the first time



watching my daughter crawl, walk, eat for the first time, listening to her talk the first time...our after work conversations when she was a baby



watching my daughter grow up, giggle and laugh



my daughters first day of preschool


my BFF Linda....all the great memories with Linda....I still miss her, her smile and her laughter very much....


preschool, 5th grade middle school graduation of my daughter.


Getting my friend for her 40th bday...wrote on the car...decorated her office...and she had no idea it was me...



my divorce....hahahaha


my daughter and I going to my brothers for spring break....we had a blast, base ball, bbq's friends and family


going to my brothers for christmas, snow, friends and family



well a first kiss again with a great man that I chased away by coming on too strong....but many great memories with him in a very short period of time...



reconnecting with Mrs L and realizing we never lost that wonderful friendship and connection



Wonderful conversations of catching up with Mrs. L



A wonderful birthday with my daugher and Mrs. L.




Knowing that the L family is still like my family and Mrs. L saying it is just fine that I call her mom.....

2 comments:

  1. Posted this...had dinner with Mrs. L and came up with so many more wonderful memories of being you....

    church camp....picking the things in the fields behind her house and handing out in the barn...

    and more and more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this--and I do recall *catching* the two of you kissing. I think you didn't know I was around. there is such richness to old friendships and while you seem to think you're lucky to have us--we're just as lucky or more so to have you and Jenna

    ReplyDelete