Thursday, December 5, 2013

Smell of Stale Coffee....


Stale coffee….

I sat here the other day sad over the breakup that had recently happened between me and my boyfriend. I sat here and watched TV, it was the Saturday after Thanksgiving, thinking of the past few Thanksgivings. All of a sudden I smell stale coffee….wow stale coffee…

So let me back up, remember Mrs. L who I wrote of long ago, but I don’t know if I wrote of her death and if I didn’t I will have to go back later and write of it…anyway Mrs. L passed away Oct 9, 2011. I miss her laugh and her words of wisdom. I digress, anyway Mrs. L was known by everyone for her coffee..she drank it all day long from the minute she woke to the minute she went to sleep. She would start a cup and then leave it someplace and make a new cup. I would joke with her and tell her when I was a kid and wanted to find her I would just follow the trail of half fill coffee cups.

So here I sit the Saturday after Thanksgiving crying a little over my lost love and I smell stale coffee…I text my friend and tell her, she responds  “your parents” no I told her it has to be Gwen. She asked if I talked to her…yes I did…

I spoke to Gwen for a few minutes, told her thanks for the hug (I thought of this as a hug from her), asked her what she was trying to tell me, was she telling me everything will be ok no matter what, was she telling me to move on he is never coming back, was she telling me be patient he will be back. I know she was there trying to tell me something about him, not about my health problem I had been having lately, only because I had just been wondering about what was happening with my boyfriend who had just broken my heart. So I had a few minutes with Gwen…got a hug from her and felt better for the rest of the day. Now I wait for a sign, a sign of what will happen, and I wait for a hug from my dad…..

Then Monday after work I find a penny on the ground…I believe it was a penny from heaven, who was it from?? Mom, dad, Linda or Gwen…all of them.
I am sure Gwen if thrilled that I wrote about this, she loved my blogging and she would love that I wrote about her since I hadn't written in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment