Sunday, October 31, 2010

Phobia's and Fears....

Fears and Phobia’s

So we all have them. A friend recently said to me wow all of yours you know where they come from and they all stem from your childhood.

This is so true, I have a few and I can explain them all…. Doberman pinchers, crickets/grasshoppers and stairs that have open slats (or gaps in something like gaps in a pier).

Stairs with openings between them or gaps in the pier, when I was in preschool, we had a collie Gypsy. Loved that dog. One day she came with my mom to pick me up from school as she ran up the stair to me she lost her footing and slipped through the stairs she was hurt. I don’t remember seeing Gypsy much after that, I remember seeing her limp around. After that when we came or went from school I made my mom go through the back where we climbed the hill and walked directly in with no stairs. To this day I hate stairs with gaps and piers with gaps.

Doberman pinchers, well again when I was little, I think now in kindergarten, we had the new puppy, Peggy, our Irish setter. My dad took her to obedience school, every Saturday I would go with them. I would sit on the open end of the station wagon and play and watch. Peggy was good in obedience school, until the final test when she got up and followed the instructor and failed. But anyway, there was one day when one of the instructors was out so they combined two classes, one of the dogs was a Doberman and he for some reason decided he did not like the Collie in front of him and proceeded to wrap his teeth around the rear end of the Collie. It took 6 adult men to get the Doberman off the Collie, the women were running around trying to get the kids to where they couldn’t see but I could still see, and to this day it is the ONLY dog I am afraid of.

Lastly…the crickets/grasshoppers. Well again, I was young, I think about 2nd grade heading to a friends house, which lived across Gonzales road. I was had just turned off my street onto Patricia to cross the street when something jumped on me, it was either a cricket or a grasshopper, not sure, but either way, I froze, I just stood there. I was terrified until I ran off and it was off of me. Now when I hear the sound of one I am terrified.

Anyway, these are my phobia’s and fears….I know they sound silly but they are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment